Tuesday, April 09, 2013

When something or somebody refuses to leave your mind , does it mean that they are supposed to be there?

Approach number #1 "I will try and forget that place/moment/person/pretty dress/ambition"

 Which reads, I will distract myself with things as different from the thing I am trying to forget. Does evading something truly ensure erasing it from your list of desires?

Approach number #2 " God will fight this battle"

I love God and ideally there should be no "but's" in love, BUT the conflict in the mind is NOT pleasant while waiting. actually not much is pleasant about waiting.

Approach #3"Lets numb ourselves and pretend its all ok"

Well isn't this one just a JOY!? playing pretend never really stops for us, does it? For some one us our numbness comes from drinking or smoking pain away and for some it comes from glorifying "busy". Either way all numbness fades away  and all pretense has moments of uncovering.

OUCH, Because its inevitable. Specially for the overly curious such as me. It troubles not to know "what could have been" or "what lies ahead" and Just focus on now when now isn't even promising anything.

I always felt like time was walking parallel and suddenly its racing , its competing like everyone around me. Its times like this when you realize the urgency of people who have lived the full lives on earth and the worst part is thats all it will ever be, a realization of fleeting time.

Are you wasting time dwelling on what if's too? Do you believe its worth the loss? Are we mocking the gifts that we are meant to be using? Or is this part of what is planned for us? Is it insignificant? Is it petty or does it deserve the careful thought its being given? Is it the end of a season or a break in it? I wish I knew but i really don't.

And then I hear it over and over again

"Not YET"  

No comments:

Post a Comment