Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Of coffee,blog posts and you! Tonight is a toast to everything that refuses to leave my mind. I've decided to honor this portal of adolescent rants after almost a year,because i have grown up. (because I've had too much coffee and cannot sleep)
oh coffee, I'd long forgotten how much love for you i could contain. Clearly tonight, I have pushed that limit! Build up of emotion leads to these things, no? It made me want to try an unconventional brew. By unconventional I only mean I tried whipping milk! Did it work???? BLWHA. It only gave me the joy of a few extra foamy bubbles on the top of my cuppa.I'll tell you what did work though, the CAFFEINE! Sweet buzz giving caffeine...memories of what was...sigh..
Oh Melbourne, the land of many a cuppa . The solitary ones, the romantic ones, the independent ones, the ones in class, the ones spilling out whilst running to class.... I want them all back!
Some of my most memorable cofeexperiences :
So that one time,  I was lost( one of many glorious times) around Parliament station, waiting for my flatmates Jo and Dan while they were at a Tutankhamen exhibition that i gave up to grace the immigration office with my hopeless case! (excuse horrible syntax!) So it was bad enough that i missed the exhibition because(bite me cos I come from a land of elastic time and i think that ALL immigration offices takes as much time to function as they do in my homeland) what i thought would take all day took 15 mins but then i got lost on the way to finding them! Then it happened...one thing led to another and I had my first one day stand!
With white hot chocolate of course. I knowwww it isn't coffee and I know Its not that exciting to know about. But oh boy, was it exciting in all other ways. I stopped to ask for directions and it was just there trying to brew me...and it did... I was all souled out . I sat there in blissful oblivion. Tutankhamen had no more room in my what if's and Jo and Dan were non existent briefly.
My favorite coffee moments were the morning ones. With my then newly acquired skill of making cafe worthy latte's(i was told ) i took on the wifey duties of making breakfast and coffee for the flatmate. 7:11, wake up...walk to kitchen... stir till my arms felt worked out...and pop it into the microwave while i woke up.
It didn't matter that it wasn't for me because that's what coffee does...its strangely love inducing!
I've also had tons of coffee made for me too. Brings me to a level of respect for the beverage and all the joy it has brought me. Whether it was brought, lusted after , made for me, given to someone else, passed by in aisle 4 at safeway it has always made me linger and feel good.

 One day I will tell you all about my love for energy drinks!

Goodnight world

No comments:

Post a Comment