Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lessons from "the" man

"I don't regret the painful times;i bear my scars as if they were medals. i know that freedom has a high price,as high as that of slavery; the only difference is that you pay with pleasure and a smile, even when that smile is dimmed by tears." Paulo Coelho, The Zahir.

I bear them as if they were medals because each scar has been a milestone in every new phase of my life. Some have led to good things and some have led to bad things which later ive discovered were good things anyway.
These scars are definately the outcome of freedom, but freedom of choice, choices that i mindlessly made, people that i've unconditionally trusted , lives that i've unknowingly touched and hope that i've willingly given.Throught it all i had freedom.Not boundless freedom, Cause i've always had a binding restriction on my actions. My sacrifice was in my intentions not my actions.i say "Sacrifice" not because it wasnt worth it but because there was an effort to get it across.
Its true that you pay for these things with pleasure and a smile and more often than not it has been dimmed by tears, which is why these lines appealed to me.
When i look back, i dont think i would change a thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment